Tips for Protecting Yourself from Cryptocurrency Scams on the Blockchain with an Actual Scam Example
Scams happen in web3 and one of our co-hosts had one happen to him. Jared's wallet got drained! And instead of having it ruin his year, Ready Layer One decided to walk everybody through the scam. Show how it happened so people can learn from it.
- Use a ledger to keep track of accounts and transactions
- Burner accounts are not always enough protection against scams
- Scams can happen on any chain and can be hard to identify in the moment
- Scammers can be very convincing and use legitimate-seeming language and actions
- It can be difficult to identify scams, especially when they are well-crafted
- It's important to be vigilant and cautious when interacting with unknown parties online, especially in the context of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Use a ledger to secure your assets
- Double-check the URL before entering sensitive information
- Do not share your seed phrase or private key with anyone
Ready Layer One Podcast
NO FINANCIAL ADVICE– The Podcast, is provided for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose. The information contained in or provided from or through this podcast and podcast is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice, investment advice, trading advice, or any other advice. You should not make any decision, financial, investment, trading, or otherwise, based on any of the information presented on this website without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional broker or financial advisor. You understand that you are using any and all Information available on or through this podcast at your own risk. RISK STATEMENT– The trading of Bitcoins, and alternative cryptocurrencies has potential risks involved. Trading may not be suitable for all people. Anyone wishing to invest should seek his or her own independent financial or professional advice.