Harmonic is building technologies and platforms for musicians to send content to their fans, with a focus on independent and struggling musicians, music NFT entrepreneurs, small labels, and legacy artists. They aim to bring transparency and financial infrastructure into the same system as the application, with smart contracting to streamline financial transparency and pass-through necessary for the music industry. Harmonic also believes that building a democratic platform is important, with the ability for users to choose the algorithms or playlists that suit them and to provide metadata to make music recommendations more transparent. They are building on NEAR Protocol.
- Harmonic is a decentralized, autonomous company building technologies and platforms for musicians to connect with their fans.
- The company aims to improve the current state of audio and video streaming by creating better systems.
- Harmonic believes in building a democratic platform to benefit creators, as current organizations benefit only the entrenched interests.
- Blockchain technology enables democratic decision-making at the base layer and brings financial infrastructure to the same system as the application.
- The Harmonic Guild sits between the musician and the label and helps in communication through the musician's manager or management team.
- The Guild is in the product stage but aims to become a platform, providing an immersive consumption experience with custom branding and visuals.
- Blockchain and NFTs increase transparency and automate payments, revolutionizing the way music creators can monetize their art.
- Verifiability in Web 3 allows users to see why certain content is recommended, rather than blindly accepting recommendations.
- The biggest challenge in onboarding new users to Harmonic's platform is the reluctance of users to write pass phrases while creating a world, particularly if they are at a concert or festival.
Ready Layer One Podcast
NO FINANCIAL ADVICE– The Podcast, is provided for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose. The information contained in or provided from or through this podcast and podcast is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice, investment advice, trading advice, or any other advice. You should not make any decision, financial, investment, trading, or otherwise, based on any of the information presented on this website without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional broker or financial advisor. You understand that you are using any and all Information available on or through this podcast at your own risk. RISK STATEMENT– The trading of Bitcoins, and alternative cryptocurrencies has potential risks involved. Trading may not be suitable for all people. Anyone wishing to invest should seek his or her own independent financial or professional advice.